[graphic] National Historic Landmarks Program header [graphic]NPS Arrowhead and link to www.nps.gov[photo] Chrysler Building, New York[photo] Brown Chapel, Selma AL[phtoto] Cape Hatteras Light Station, Buxton, North Carolina[photo] Pioneer Deep Space Station, Fort Irwin, CA
     
 
General Federation of Women's Clubs Headquarters

Washington, District of Columbia
County of District of Columbia.
National Register Number: 91002057
Resource type: Building.
Property type: Social - civic.
Certified Local Government: NO

Statement of Significance (as of designation - December 4, 1991):
This was the first permanent headquarters for the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC). Founded in 1890, GFWC moved to this building in 1922, when it became involved in conservation projects and community programs.


Comments and questions about the database may be directed to NHL_info@nps.gov