Statement of Significance (as of designation - July 4, 1961):
This was the principal fur-trading depot in the Upper Missouri River region from 1829 to 1867.
There are no indications why status should change, but steward has asked for a change from "satisfactory" to "watch"
No changes have occurred since the last reporting period.
Comments and questions about the database may be directed to NHL_info@nps.gov