Statement of Significance (as of designation - October 9, 1960):
Completed in 1762, this is one of the few major 18th-century Virginia plantation houses built of stone. It is done in the Palladian style, with an abundance of stonework detail.
There are no threats to the landmark at this time
There has been no change since the last reporting period.