This NHL offers public access. Please contact the NHL directly for visitor information.
Current use/information: Church: 505-751-9733.
Statement of Significance (as of designation - April 15, 1970):
Constructed between 1772 and 1816, this is a large and excellent example of the New Mexican Spanish Colonial church. The white stuccoed adobe walls are exceptionally massive.
The threat level of the Landmark is still "threatened" as a portion of the roof still needs to be replaced and the interior is also still in need of repair.
Tthe parish community has raised funds to re-roof the transept and apse of the roof. During the 1st week of June 2006 the community again rallied together to re-mud (enjarrar) the entire Church. The 2004 NHL status report documented the NHL owners concern of a "Big Box" development within a quarter mile of the landmark this is no longer a threat as the area communities came together to block the development.